Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hand Made Christmas Stockings

Hand Made Christmas Stockings


These stockings are a lot of fun to make.You can either embellish an already existing stocking or make one from scratch.I would consider this craft to be fairly simple.These can be assembled with either a sewing machine, simple hand stitching or even hot glue.I made the first one for my son, from scratch.I used a sewing machine for the assembly but a hot glue gun or hand stitching could be used as well.I purchased some red and white fleece fabric.I simply cut two stocking shapes out of the red fabric.I then cut two strips of the white fabric for the tops of the stocking and a square shape for the pocket on the stocking.I also purchased a stuffed animal, to put in the pocket on the front of the stocking.Stitch the pocket to one side of the stocking before sewing the two pieces together.The tops of the stockings should be attached before hand, as well.Before stitching the two stocking pieces together, make sure the pocket is on the inside.Make a simple stitch and then turn the stocking right side out.Hand stitch stuffed animal, doll, toy, whatever you have chosen into the pocket.I added some gold and green ribbon to the top of the stocking, you can add any embellishments you want.The other stocking I made was for my daughter.This one I cheated on a bit.I purchased two pink stockings and a package of play jewelry from my local $1 store.I hand stitched a strand of beads and hot glued plastic hearts around the top of the stocking.Starting from the top of the stocking, I cut a square out of the spare stocking for my pocket.The pocket can be attached by either hand stitching, machine sewing or even gluing it to the stocking.I found an extra little stuffed animal of my daughters and stuck it in the pocket.Make sure you secure the stuffed animal in the pocket by either hand stitching or hot gluing it.The animal I used wasn't quite what I wanted so I added a cute little Christmas hat.I cut a smaller square piece and a small section of the white top piece.I rolled the small pink square into a cone shape hot gluing (or hand sewing) the ends together.I then glued (or hand sew) the white piece to the top, making the pom pom for the hat.Attach the hat by either hand stitching or hot gluing it to the stuffed animal.If the stocking you chose doesn't seem large enough, you can make it longer by adding the bottom part of the spare stocking.Cut your stocking off at the very bottom piece (the top of the foot), then cut the bottom half of your spare stocking.Add that piece to your stocking, by hand stitching it.If the seem of the two pieces coming together is noticeable, you can add a strand of beads or any other embellishment, to cover it up.You could also add embellishments around the pocket as well.

Hand Made Christmas Stockings



No comments:

Post a Comment